If you have been injured in an accident that was caused by someone else, you may be frightened, angry, and confused. Faced with a lengthy recovery and mounting medical expenses, your world may be turned upside down. That’s the time to call an experienced personal injury attorney.
Located in Providence, Nee Law fights for the rights of injury victims and their families in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Well-versed in the applicable negligence laws, we have a well-deserved reputation for providing our clients with aggressive legal representation. Our mission is to fight for the compensation you deserve so that you can recover and get back to your normal routine.
What is a personal injury lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit can be filed when an individual is injured in an accident that was caused by the negligent, reckless or intentional conduct of another person or entity. It is worth noting that injury claims are typically resolved through a complicated negotiation process with an insurance company. If an insurer refuses to make a fair and reasonable settlement offer, we will take them court. Our attorneys know what it takes to win, and will never stop fighting for you.
Providence Personal Injury Attorney
Our legal team has the skills and experience to handle a variety of personal injury claims, including:
- Automobile Accidents — No one expects to be injured in a car accident, but distracted driving, speeding, and driving under the influence contribute to thousands of accidents and injuries in Rhode Island and Massachusetts each year. Our attorneys understand the complicated insurance rules of both states and have a proven track record of achieving successful outcomes, inside or outside of the courtroom.
- Motorcycle Accidents — Motorcycle riding can be an exhilarating experience until an accident occurs. Common injuries include fractures, road rash, head, and neck injuries, and motor accident fatalities are far too common. Despite the public bias against motorcyclists as being thrill seekers, we believe that negligent motorists must be held accountable for causing motorcycle accidents.
- Truck Accidents — Interstate commerce in Rhode Island and Massachusetts means that driver must share the road with commercial trucks and tractor-trailers. Given the fact that a typical truck outweighs a passenger vehicle by several thousand pounds, a collision can be devastating for the occupants of a smaller vehicle. At Nee Law, we have the knowledge and experience that are necessary for handling truck accident claims.
- Construction Accidents — Despite the fact that construction sites are inherently dangerous, workers have a right to a safe working environment. Although construction workers are protected by Workers’ Compensation Insurance, a personal injury claim can be filed when an injury is caused by safety violations or third-party negligence.
- Medical Malpractice — When we need medical care, we place our trust in doctors and other medical professionals. When an injury occurs because a medical professional failed to provide the appropriate standard of care, victims can obtain just compensation through a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect — Entering a nursing home or assisted living facility is a difficult decision for elders and their loved ones. While most nursing homes provide quality care to their residents, nursing home abuse and neglect occur at an alarming rate. We believe that every life has value and our practice is dedicated to protecting the most vulnerable members of our society.
- Product Liability — Consumers in Rhode Island and Massachusetts expect that the products they purchase will be safe. When injuries are caused by manufacturing, design, or marketing defects, a product liability lawsuit can be filed against a negligent manufacturer and/or distributor.
Wrongful Death — When a loved one’s death is caused by the negligent, reckless, or willful conduct of another party, surviving family members can find justice by filing a wrongful death lawsuit. While no amount of money can replace a life, we believe that negligent parties must be held accountable. In Rhode Island, the minimum recovery for a successful wrongful death claim is $250,000.
How much is my personal injury case worth?
The value of an injury claim depends on factors such as the nature of the accident, the extent of your injuries, and the degree of your liability if any. Nonetheless, you may be awarded compensation that includes economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages will cover your financial losses, such as lost wages, past and future medical expenses, and loss of earning capacity. Non-economic damages are designed to compensate you for pain and suffering, physical disabilities, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Finally, if the at-fault party’s conduct was particularly offensive, you may also be entitled to punitive damages. These damages, intended to punish the at-fault party and deter others from similar misconduct, are capped by state law.
Contact Our Providence Personal Injury Lawyer
Our legal team is highly regarded for providing our clients with aggressive legal representation and superior personal service. We will take the time to understand the circumstances that resulted in your injuries and determine whether you have a valid claim. Our attorneys will personally handle all of the details of your case, including dealing with the insurance company.
We have the negotiating skills to help you obtain a fair settlement and are equally comfortable in the courtroom. Above all, you can trust us to put your best interests first and stand by you every step of the way. Please contact our office to speak with our attorneys. The consultation is free, and you will not pay any attorneys’ fees until we win your case.