Being arrested and charged with a crime is a frightening experience, and a conviction may lead to the loss of your freedom. In addition to imprisonment, there will be other consequences, such as fines, loss of a driver’s license, and lasting damage to your reputation. Regardless of the charges, you are facing, you need to be defended by an experienced attorney.
Nee Law provides innovative criminal defense strategies to clients in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Located in Providence, we have a well-deserved reputation for successfully trying cases in state and federal court. Guided by the principle that anyone accused of a crime is innocent until proven guilty, we are highly regarded for being dedicated advocates of our clients. When your freedom and good name are hanging in the balance, you can rest assured that we will never stop fighting for you.
Providence Criminal Defense Attorney
We have extensive experience defending clients against all types of misdemeanor and felony charges, such as:
- Driving under the influence (DUI) — A DUI conviction could lead to fines, as well as the loss of your driving privileges. Depending on the circumstances, you may also face jail time. There are many defenses to a DUI charge and the experienced attorneys at Nee Law know all the angles.
- Drug crimes — Drug charges carry incredibly long prison sentences. In Rhode Island, anyone charged with a drug offense can be held without bail and is entitled to a bail hearing with 10 days of their arrest. It is critically important to retain legal representation as soon as possible. We have a proven history of successfully defending clients against state and federal drug offenses.
- Assault — The consequences of an assault conviction can vary. A conviction for Simple Assault, for example, is considered a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in prison. A felony assault conviction, on the other hand, carries a penalty of up to 20 years imprisonment. Regardless of the assault charges, you are facing, you need the aggressive legal representation the Nee Law Office can provide.
- Domestic violence — If you are accused on committing a crime against a family member or someone with whom you have a romantic relationship, there are significant sentencing enhancements. Rhode Island mandates a 1 year prison sentence for anyone convicted of a third domestic offense, no matter how minor the offense. You need an experienced and aggressive attorney to protect your rights.
- Robbery — Considered both a theft crime and a violent crime because it involves the threat of force or violence with the intention of stealing another’s property, robbery is zealously prosecuted in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. A conviction very often results in imprisonment, which makes having aggressive legal representation crucial.
- Sex crimes — These are very serious offenses and conviction can lead to harsh penalties, including imprisonment, probation and mandatory registration as a sex offender. Merely being accused of a sex crime crime can permanently damage your reputation. If you have been accused of a sex crime, you need a tough criminal defense attorney in your corner.
- Traffic violations — A conviction for a traffic violation can result in fines, loss of your driver’s license, and a big spike in your auto insurance premiums. Our attorneys are knowledgeable in local and state traffic laws and will work to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
The Experienced Choice in Criminal Defense in Rhode Island
If you have been charged with a crime in Rhode Island or Massachusetts, it is important to know your rights. Above all, you have the right to the kind of aggressive legal representation Attorney Nee is prepared to provide.
Unlike other criminal defense law firms that advise clients to quickly accept plea bargains, we will explore all of your options. By weighing the strength of the evidence against you, we will design a well-conceived defense strategy, make sure that you receive a fair trial and work to win an acquittal.
Knowing that many of our clients have never encountered the criminal justice system, we will take the time to explain all of your rights and guide you through the process. Our legal team will provide you with trusted advice and superior personal service. We are always available to respond to your questions and concerns and will stand by you every step of the way.
Contact Our Providence Criminal Defense Lawyer
When you become a client of New Law, you will have peace of mind knowing that we will fight to preserve your freedom and your reputation. Please contact our office today to learn how we can help.